|Society News: Details|
New in the Society's Online Shop
We have recently added two new publications to our Online Shop. These are:
Baptisms at St. William's (RC) Church 1894-1904
St William's RC Church, formerly the parish church of the Angel Meadow district, opened in 1864, as a chapel-of-ease to St Chad's, Cheetham Hill. It became an independent mission in 1894 but in 1904, reverted to a chapel-of-ease to St Chad's.
The chapel was badly damaged in the blitz and the parish dissolved in 1946. The baptism registers cover the period when the church was independent. Baptisms in the chapel outside this period will appear the registers of St Chad's.
Members of the Irish Ancestry Branch of Manchester & Lancashire FHS have, by kind permission of the Diocese, transcribed details of the 882 baptisms recorded in the registers.
The transcript provides full details as contained in the register and is accompanied by an index to the 3,838 names of children, parents and godparents which appear in the entries. Scanned images of the registers concerned are also included.
MLFHS Notebook and Pen
A convenient A6 size spiral-bound notepad in a card cover, complete with a ballpoint pen. Made from recycled materials.
CLICK HERE to go to the Online Shop.
This update was published on
13 Feb 2016.
For more information, please contact Elsie Lowe at MLFHS
|Manchester and Lancashire Family History Society|